Do you ever have one of those days, when it seems like things just always go wrong. I’m writing this post in the aftermath of one of those days. I’m a big fan of Ultimate Frisbee. I try to play every weekend if I can with a group of friends. Usually, we play on a field near me, but today, we were trying a new field that was further away. So in an effort to be frugal, I decided to bike there. My first bike ride of the year. Bad idea. By the time I got to the field, my thighs were in agony, which made running for two hours pretty unenjoyable. Needless to say, my team lost both games. Later in the day, since I no longer had the energy to do much of anything, I decided to relax in a park and enjoy the beautiful day we had. About twenty minutes later, I saw something fall from the sky and land, ‘plop!’ on my jacket. Bird poop…wonderful! My lovely fiancee took me home to clean up, then while doing the laundry proceeded to drop my one of my shirts in the toilet. We hang some clothes to dry in the bathroom to save on money and energy from the dryer. It seems the environment has it out for me today. Sigh… At least, it isn’t actually raining.
On a brighter note, one of last week’s posts, Can Frugality Trump Honesty?, was included in a number of blog carnivals this week, including
- Top Personal Finance Posts of the Week hosted by Personal Finance Whiz
- Yakezie Carnival hosted by Passive Income to Retire
- Financial Carnival for Young Adults hosted by 20′s Finance
- Carnival of Money Pros hosted by Financially Consumed
And finally, here’s a look at the best articles I read in the blogosphere this week:
- Teacherman, guest posting on Canadian Finance Blog, asked whether or not Canada needs the CBC. Though many of the comments were in favour of getting rid of the CBC, I vehemently disagree and think the CBC is an essential part of our country.
- Teacherman is all over the place these days. He also wrote an interesting guest blog about Canada’s new federal budget on Invest It Wisely.
- Speaking of Invest It Wisely, the site’s main blogger, Kevin, wrote a terrific article about his first few months of entrepreneurship. Going out on your own is a tough road, but it can be very rewarding if you stick with it through the highs and the lows. A harrowing story!
- Marissa at Thirty Six Months highlighted ten reasons to start your own business. Sometimes the hardest part is coming up with the business idea!
- Bog of Debt confessed his recent struggles with debt. Its a tough thing to have and it can’t be easy. The hardest part sometimes can be remembering to lean on your support network, whether that be real people or an online community.
- And finally, with Easter this weekend, here’s a fun post from Squawkfox on how to create your very own Kinder Surprise Eggs…almost. In this case, the chocolate is in the egg.
Happy Easter and Passover Everyone!Like What You See? Share the Story!