On Sunday, I’m running a 10K charity race. Normally, this wouldn’t be much of an issue for me as I usually train year round and do multiple 10K’s a week. But last October, I very badly sprained my ankle and I only started running again in January. Since I basically had to rebuild my ankle from scratch, it has been a slow process. On top of that, I figured since I was starting from scratch anyways, might as well build up my ankle in the Vibram FiveFingers I bought last summer. If you don’t know what those are, they’re basically very minimalist shoes with toes, that are intended to mimic walking barefoot. They also tend to attract a lot of attention when you where them around town on an every day basis. But getting back to the run, the most I’ve run since October is 7K, and that only happened once. My body is used to running 5K’s for the last few months and it is not going to like me very much on Sunday. But maybe this will reinvigorate me and put me back into a running spirit for the summer! I’m hoping for that at the very least…
Last week’s article, Planning a Green Frugal Wedding – Venue, was included in a bundle of blog carnivals, including:
- Carnival of Financial Planning, hosted by Cult of Money
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie, hosted by Young and Thrifty
- Financial Carnival for Young Adults, hosted by 20′s Finances
- Carnival of Money Pros, hosted by Young Adult Finances
- Carnival of Personal Finance, hosted by Money Talks
- Totally Money Blog Carnival, hosted by Balance Junkie
- Festival of Frugality, hosted by See Debt Run
Thanks to all the Carnival hosts! To wrap up this edition of Links Grow on Trees, here’s three articles I read in the blogosphere this week, and they all share a common theme…haven’t had much time to read this week, so good job to these blogs for getting my attention – or maybe there’s just something on my mind?
- On a similar note, Teacherman at Young and Thrifty outlines how to become an online freelancer.
- Finance Yoga highlights five legitimate ways to earn money online. I’m definitely going to have to give online tutoring a second look.
Happy weekend everyone and wish me luck!